Making breakfast at our Airbnb in White rock, British Columbia.
It's always fun to try out new recipes and maybe find something that you really like evolving and widening your daily breakfast menu.
This loaf turned out to be one of those jackpots. Its not everyday you make a great loaf. One that tastes good and is moist enough to not have to add butter or syrup. As you can see here, I added a bit of a cream sauce but it was not needed. I added a few things to tweak the recipe to my likings but you could do the same. The bottom line to me was the fantastic consistancy and by being in an airbnb, as you can see in the pictures, I didn't exactly have the best loaf pan but I made do with what I had. I think the next time I make this it will turn out even better. I'm excited to try other berries, nuts and seeds in the future.
I hope you can enjoy this recipe too!
- 8oz (226g) cream cheese softened (I used soft goat cheese which you can't taste once it's done)
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (57g) of butter melted
- 1 teaspoon (2g) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon (10g) monkfruit or other sweetner (I find erythritol and stevia to be a bit sweeter)
- 1 tablespoon (13g) vanilla
- 2 tablespoons (12g) almond flour
- 2 tablespoons (14g) ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup (25g) of blueberries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons (24g) maca powder (optional)
Melt butter and soften cream cheese until easy to mix together. Add in eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, sweetner, almond flour and flaxseeds. Then sprinkle any berries or chocolate you would like to use on top. Preheat oven to 350F and bake for 30-50minutes or until the loaf is no longer "wet" on top. Insert a tooth pick to make sure it is cooked through. Allow to sit for a few minutes and enjoy!
I made a quick cream sauce for on top. Just something fast and simple.
- 1/2 cup of goat yogurt or any other plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit (or other sweetner)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together and pour over your loaf