These cookies turned out so great. They had a slightly sweet taste but it was super light so if you have a sweet tooth I would add more sweetener (stevia is a lot sweeter than monk fruit). I really enjoyed these breakfast cookies with a little bit of butter. Depending how big you make them usually one is enough to satisfy your hunger and keep you full until your next meal or snack.
I hope you enjoy them just as much as we did!
- 1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter (unsweetened, I used the crunchy kind)
- 1/4 cup (42g) sweetener (I used monkfruit, if you like sweet use more)
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup (24g) flaxseed meal
- 1 cup (96g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (67g) sprouted nuts and seeds (I used pumpkin, sunflower, peacans and walnuts)
- 1 Tablespoon (18g) coconut oil
- pinch of salt
*Note: This recipe calls for sprouted nuts and seeds. Each nut and seed has a different amount of soaking but I just throw all mine together and let them soak in water overnight. Rinse them off the next morning and you're good to go!
Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Melt coconut oil then mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Grease a baking pan and roll cookies into a ball shape placing evenly apart on the pan and squish slightly flat so they are not so round. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool and serve with some cold butter.